Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Being Tossed by the Wind

Some know that I have been hit by an unknown, unplanned storm. Despite the storm, my days have been filled with hope, unlike my reaction to the other storms that have entered my life. I have been blessed with calm, with minor outbursts of anxiety. To still the anxiety, I pray. To calm my fears, I seek validation and inspiration from my sweetheart's unrelenting faith. 

Maintaining peace and calm during the storm has been tough. And every once in a while I find myself in a fetal position, wrapped in covers, not wanting to come out of bed. But I know I must. I know I must gather my strength and hit life head-on. I know I need to consider this time of unemployment as an adventure, a blessing in disguise, an opportunity.

I know I am qualified. I know we will be taken care of. I know that the Lord is aware of our circumstances. I know that everything will be OK. I know that we will be able to put my sweetheart through school, so that he doesn't need to work and so he can concentrate on what he needs in order to be successful. I know we will have enough in our savings to get us through this time, and to prepare us for future financial endeavors. I know it will all be possible through the Lord, Jesus Christ. And that is the energy I am creating - my manifesto. I am sticking by it.

And so, in my humble state, I offer a song that has touched the fiber of my being. It speaks to me. It calms me.



Jesus, Savor Pilot Me Lyrics

Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life’s tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee; 

Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

While th’Apostles’ fragile bark
Struggled with the billows dark,
On the stormy Galilee,
Thou didst walk upon the sea;
And when they beheld Thy form,
Safe they glided through the storm.


Though the sea be smooth and bright,
Sparkling with the stars of night,
And my ship’s path be ablaze
With the light of halcyon days,
Still I know my need of Thee; 

Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

When the darkling heavens frown,
And the wrathful winds come down,
And the fierce waves, tossed on high,
Lash themselves against the sky,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me,
 

Over life’s tempestuous sea.
As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Thy will,
When Thou sayest to them, “Be still!”
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.


When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
’Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
“Fear not, I will pilot thee.”

No comments: