For me it was "knowing" was a mixture of events, conversations, and allowing our souls to maintain its original connection with the desire to increase. Some of my favorite moments that played into "knowing":
- He itched my toe once....I will never forget it, really....my toe?
- I cry. I just do. I own it. Adam does not get uncomfortable with my tears. Whether brought on by joy, frustration, healing, happiness, anxiety....he let's me do it, and often wipes my tears from my face.
- Sometimes I feel like I am stagnant and need to progress. When I get to this space, I seek challenges...ones that will make me grow. Most often I end up disliking the journey, but I am working on dealing with these challenges with more grace. Bottom line - I seek progression. So does he. This was made very clear to me on our first date. He is motivated, driven, and knows when to slow down. In this respect, he complements me. I run until I am burned out. He runs just as fast as he needs to.
- When we go to a party, I don't have to babysit him. He is working the room. He is just as social (if not more) than I am....imagine that!
- He is annoyingly concerned for my safety....lol, and secretly, I love it.
- When I am a brat, he still comes around....weird.
- When I am hurt, he rushes to my side...aw! Seriously though. When my mom was in town, we were all cooking in the kitchen and I burned myself and almost broke out into "the swears". My mom is used to my overreacting when I am hurt or sick, and doesn't react to my reaction anymore :) However, Adam rushes to my side.
- He makes everyone feel included, and I love it.
- He makes me giggle when he is not even trying to.
All of these things aided in "knowing," but perhaps even more significantly, this one specific instance is when I knew I was in love with him.