- Hiked Angel's Landing in Zions: I had a group of my favorite people come down and hang in St. George. Going there is probably one of my most favorite things...and to share with people I love...double-plus.
- Took my GRE: Many ask...so, how did you do? I honestly haven't a clue how I did. I am ranking myself at average. So, if you were to place a grade on it, I would give myself a C. Thanks to my lovely tutor, Ben, I totally aced my analytical portion of the test in comparison to my reading comprehensive score. All I know is that I had post-test-anxiety-disorder and have never sweat that much in my life...even on the plane when I was on my way to San Diego. I am looking into prescription deodorants.
- Press Kits: succeeded in getting all press materials out the door for my job. Even though some people in the office commented on how they weren't fond of one aspect of the press kits over another...I am proud to call those my babies, my brainchild, the love of my life. (Special thanks to Erin-who was also involved in the whole project).
- Home makeover: My amazing roommate is the best interior decorator I know. I asked her if she would like to help me re-make my room with all the crap I have...cause I have a lot of crap. Did I mention the crap is WAY cool? Well, it is! She totally re-did my room, rearranged furniture, put new holes in the wall...sorry mom. It is amazing, and I love it almost as much as I love her.
- PR ladies night out: Thanks to Ashley Stolworthy, I was able to meet up with some of the PR gals that I graduated with. We had a lovely night gabbing about the 'nows' of our lives and the 'thens.' Perhaps there will be some 'futures' in there too. It was nice to meet up with people I became really attached to during college. Even though we haven't kept in touch, it was cool to pick up where we left off!
- Farmer's Market: Need I say more? Hallelujah for homemade cheeses and jewelery...two things I a finding I can't live without that make me truly happy ;)
- Music and more: totally picking up on bands that rock. Just recently got invited to participate as part of a CD exchange where people I know will make one mix a month and send it out to 5,6 or 7 people. I just got my online-ordered new CD that features the song I posted earlier with Zach Gill. Pretty awesome stuff.
- Business Trips: I will be in Oklahoma City, OK, Salem, OR and Denver, CO in the next two weeks for business. Busy, busy - sorry to all those boys who want to take me out over the weekend, we are going to have to wait until October ;)
- Planning Greece: the planning for Greece is slowly coming. I am just waiting to hear back from one independent airline. Crossing my fingers that this will all work out in the end. Either that, or we will be nomads....
- Learning to Greek dance: kind of a coincidence, but my aunt is marrying a Greek man. I have since been to their home to learn some Greek wedding dances that I get to dance in one week at their wedding. I also went to the Greek fair here in SLC to pick up on some moves...and Greek men...they really are the most beautiful. Way to go Cindy for catching one!
- Trudi's 5k: I walked the 5k today. Due to some unfortunate circumstances that have left my big toes black and blue....I had to walk today. But you know what, I think I would have walked anyway, regardless of black and blue toes. It was nice to catch up with the other ladies in my life that have truly been incredible BFF's. It was nice to be with a community that truly supports one another and finds joy in contributing time, energy and money to an amazing cause. I wouldn't want to be around any other kind of people.
- Regional Conference: I get the opportunity to hear the prophet speak at our regional conference tomorrow. I am so excited to hear what he has to say!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Black and Blue Toes
I can't think of a time when I run into someone new, where they don't immediately ask, "So, what's new?" I always find that to be a hard question to answer...because what isn't new? Even if I didn't really 'do' anything...there are always new thoughts, new opinions, new circumstances...because no day is really the same. So, life...life is new! And I am loving it. Here is just a brief overlook of some 'new' things in my life: