Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Why do I carry 3 lip glosses in my purse?
I have been thinking about the theory that a man is defined by what is in his wallet...it is an intriguing thought. I wonder, am I defined by what I carry around in my bag? I am going to check out the oddities that live in my purse…that define me. Tell me if I am off….
1. 4-year old receipts. Why do I hold on to those? Am I loyal to them? Am I afraid that something is going to happen to the item I purchased and 4 years down the road I will see if I can return it in exchange for a new something, but still wanting the old something? Do I need receipts for the extra 'trash paper' that I am going to use to spit out my gum? Did I just forget it was in there? Maybe I like the wax-i-ness of the paper...hmm, something to think about, that's for sure.
2. A mini purse full of feminine products-need I say more. I am a girl. BUT that also holds 2 different kinds of chapstick: icy and Burt's Bees. Both very soothing to the lips, but I have one chapstick just in case I lose the other. What about the 3 lip-glosses? One is a brownish color, one is red and one has no color but provides a nice and soothing menthol feel and makes my lips look plump. I guess you never know what kind of outfit you are going to be wearing, right. I have also heard that shiny lips attract the opposite sex. Am I trying too hard? Trying to be consistent? High maintenance? Just really like my lips and want others to like them too? Hmm…
3. Gum- very important thing to have in a purse. As much as I love mints, the after flavor is not my favorite. At least with gum, you can cover up tainted breath and tainted after taste breath. Yes, there is a difference. I find that when I clean my purse, there are many old half-sticks that have been thrown in! To my amazement, there are also little silver wrappers that seem to take over the whole bottom side of my purse. Why do I keep those? To avoid littering? To keep little remembrances of the time I popped gum in my mouth? To use as part of throwing my gum out?
4. A combo pill box in a Midol canister- mixing the drugs of Midol and allergy meds. For obvious reasons…and you can never have enough! That makes me sound like a druggy…I’m not….not like my parents!
5. Hundreds of business cards. Why? Do I sincerely know these people? Will I ever call them? Probably not, but knowing that I know someone must be important enough for me to have all these cards.
Sure there are the obvious things that are in a purse…but I just think about those little extras….that I found really begin to make sense for my life…really! Pretty interesting…what’s in your purse! Careful, we are on the world-wide web.