Monday, June 30, 2008

When lying is funny


As part of my body for life program...I go to the gym. This story begins when I started out on this machine that, when I worked out on it over the winter, did crazy things to my legs. Like cool/crazy.


Here is the story about my legs: I have always been jealous of those soccer players that had legs to die for, with a very visible line, you know....so I worked out over the winter and got a line!! I remember being so excited. Then I stopped going to the gym as often and lost it! So, I want it again.

Back to the present: I sit down on the machine and start working out on my leg machine that is going to turn my fatty legs into the hottest, mini-skirt (even though I don't wear them) legs. A trainer comes up to me and says..."Just so you know...and I feel it is my duty to tell you...this machine is all about the bulking up and isn't really used for toning." I then respond, "Oh, I know...I WANT to get bigger."

The fact of the matter is 'no' I didn't know that, and 'no' I don't want to get bigger.

I walk away laughing at my response. Sometimes lying to make myself feel less stupid is just....funny!

4 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

I, too, believe that lying so that I don't feel so stupid is funny. Great story.

Lish Fish said...

You are too funny. I am in complete denial too...lying to yourselt keeps you sane! Miss your face!

Paco Belle said...

That is awesome! I'll tell ya Linds, nothing attracts a guy like a gal who can leg press a truck! Serious!

Tara Bergsjo said...

You are to funny! And yes I would l love to go to the derby! Call me and we can meet up!