Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Resolutions

October flew by, and I was able to accomplish various happiness project resolutions, while I still need to hone some others. For the month of November, I have updated my resolutions, and have kept some the same but added a little spark to them so it creates a noticeable difference, yet produces the same outcome. It is my way of tricking myself into thinking that I did not fail to meet all my resolutions last month, but that I wanted to improve them for this month. Maybe 'not lying to myself' would be a great resolution.

My resolutions for November are:
  1. Spirituality: Start attending the family history center
  2. Marriage: Sing the words to my sweetheart when I am stressed. Come up with slogans or funny liners to help diffuse the tension when annoying habits enter the room.
  3. Finances: Combine and join accounts. Start living out of one account.
  4. Family/Friends: Schedule time to be with friends instead of going home to be on my own. Start a FB page with memorabilia.
  5. Intellect: Start writing about behavioral issues on the blog to develop awareness and record understanding/growth on the subject.
  6. Health: Meditate at least 30 minutes per day.
  7. Time: Continue throwing things away. Scan unnecessary but wanted paperwork, photos, and memorabilia.
  8. Passion: Go to the art museum. Go for a hike. Finish one book other than intellect studies.

I am excited about these resolutions and can't wait to report on them. If you feel like you want to make your own, here is a copy of my spreadsheet that I use. In addition, Gretchen Rubin, author of the Happiness Project also has a start-up kit free on her website.

No comments: