Monday, November 18, 2013

Misconceptions on "Disorders": Educating Myself

I have been reading up on behavioral disorders. To be honest, people who have behavioral issues frighten me. Fear contributes to my unhappiness, and one way to combat this is to educate myself on what I am afraid of. I have not been able to dive fully into it yet, but I found some pretty awesome videos that helped me understand this disorder a little more.





I found this particular video through a blog called: Time to change.

I also watched a series of videos following a family whose daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia. It was very interesting to see what accommodations the family made for their child and the struggles they go through to understand the issue. I found the whole process amazing, and really value the parents for wanting the best things for their daughter.










I don't know that I was looking for any definitive answers when doing research on these areas, so I haven't provided anything conclusive. However, I do think it is important for me to educate myself about this to try to eliminate any fear of something I don't understand.

No comments: