Sunday, November 3, 2013

Marriage Isn't for You

I read this truly inspired article about marriage that I feel everyone should read.

I am impressed with the author's ability to capture something so profound. I remember my dad offering a similar opinion stating that before a couple is married, they are only really given a glimpse of what it would be like to be with that person forever. That the 'love' we feel for them is only a snippet - a snippet enough to get you married. After that, you discover what being truly in love really means. 

Most often it is not romantic or whimsical, but built on the challenges you overcome together - even if that challenge is surviving the first year together. Don't misunderstand, it can be romantic and whimsical, over time.

I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did, and don't let the title fool you: Marriage Isn't For You in the online blog Forward Walking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.