Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Saving Up Love for the Hard Times

My good friend posted this for me, and it brought me to tears. I love what this couple did to keep their marriage strong. The part that resonated with me the most was that the love they accumulated over time was what they needed to sustain themselves through the hard times. 

This is a tear-jerker: 

http://www.faithit.com/?p=1484

My takeaways:
  • You have to save up the love in order to use it for a rainy day
  • Love grows with time - growth that contributes to a profound and deep love
  • When we serve each other, love grows stronger
  • Love notes are not only sweet, but sustain us
Other articles I found a while back that talk about things that can be enhanced or avoided in marriage in order to strengthen it:

15 Things Wives Should Not Be Doing by Mary Mary Larmoyeux at Family Life

10 Bad Habits That Could Ruin Your Marriage by Emily Battaglia at Lifescript

10 Blunders to Avoid by Laurie Puhn, PhD at Fox News

Strengthening Marriage Through Faith and Prayer: LDS.org

No comments: