Monday, December 5, 2011

Lunch Break Tears

My former Co-Workers at The Summit Group know me well enough to say "Of course you would..."

During my lunch breaks, I like to catch up on the latest and greatest news. One of my favorite things to do is peruse the online news sites for stories that are the pearls hidden amongst the chaos. These are the same stories I always try to look for when I am having a rough day, when I am watching a movie, when I choose a Presidential candidate, or even when I choose a sports team to follow....it's true.

My pearl this morning was listening to the Sting Pandora channel and hearing Seal bear his soul in Kiss for a Rose, and the memories it brought back...oh, how I giggled when I heard him this morning. A great start to my day! What a pearl to have.

My pearl when choosing a sports team is seeing the good sportsmanship of one team member toward an opposing team member. People make fun of my swaying loyalties, but I am most certainly a fair weather fan. Ask me about the men's world cup 2006 one day....I will fill you in.

I like the stories when I see people playing nicely with others. If you treat people rotten and rag on the integrity of others, you will not get my vote.

There is this terrible movie that I absolutely do not recommend, but provides an interesting perspective on finding good.
SPOILER ALERT: In the movie with Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly The Day the Earth Stood Still, the main point I took away revolved around this idea that amidst the chaos in a dying world, that good will always prevail. Sure, I could have referenced other or similar stories like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, the Bible, the Book of Mormon, Pride and Prejudice, my journals....whatever, but you get my point....good prevails every time.

You can imagine how I felt when I saw one of the news articles on yahoo this morning: 2011's Year in Review Video. Even during those dark moments, there was light.

And that is why I was bawling in my cubicle today during my lunch break.

2 comments:

A Bunch of Paynes said...

I have you to blame for my tears...I bawled too... :)

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

My job is complete!