Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heavens are Smiling Down on Me: When Birds Poop

Since having started my new position, I get to walk to the metro everyday! YAY...and yes, to and from. It is pretty cool; not only do I get some thinking time while I am walking my 3/4 of a mile to the metro, but I am gratefully and optimistically exposed to the elements. 

Today I heard two doves cooing. I smiled recollecting my days in SV getting ready for high school in the morning. Two doves loved to wake me up every morning at the crack of dawn. They lived above my bathroom and would coo so loud that it would drive me crazy. Seeing that I wasn't (and still struggle) with mornings, my teenage self would go out, grab a rock and throw it at them every morning. Inevitably, they would return. It became a routine for us. Ah...memories.

Today's element/Carma moment happened as I walked to my office from the metro. Normally when I am walking to the office, there are hardly any people on the sidewalk...it is just too early for this city ;) So, I was walking to work when this man, stops and asks for directions. While I don't know where to point him, because I am still figuring out the city in my new location....this brief conversation prevented me from being massively pooped on by a FLY-BY bird! Seriously, right in front of me about 8-10 inches from hitting me right on the head.....

Let's just say the Heavens smiled on me that day....and I am grateful!

1 comment:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Congrats on the new position Lindsey! Your life always seems so fun and eventful! And I've unfortunately had a bird poop on me before sad to say!