In the meantime I have come up with several solutions to this dilemma:
- Change the setting on facebook to say "Lindsey is looking for a date for her work party. Should you be interested, please send her an email via facebook. First come first serve."
- Establish a non-committal dating group where people can go online and find date to their next work party. I imagine the ad for this space would be something like: "Tired of going to work parties alone? Don't want a girl/guy to think that you are in love with her/him because you asked her/him to go to your work party? Well, here is the group for you....to all you people who just want a fun date to take to your work party with no future attachments, here is the website for you"....something like that. Maybe this is why I don't develop copy for promos at work...
- Ask a random guy at church.
- Finally out that I have a crush on *Bill, and invite him to come with me. Forward-schmorward.
- Write a book called, How to find the arm guy: Finding a man that looks good on your arm for work parties, who won't embarrass you, who will have a good time and who will be available any time you have any other kind of event that you need him for.
- Fly someone here from another city.
- Send out a mass email to friends and family looking for the ultimate set up (oh wait, I did that already!)
- Go alone.
- Go with a girlfriend.
*Names have been changed for identity protection and future embarrassment of both parties.